Souhayl A - Workshop
« Another Kind Of Street Photography »
- Souhayl A
Having lived in Paris more than 20 years and photographing Streets of Paris more than 10 years, Souhayl A take students out on the street and pass on his tips and tricks on capturing the unusual in the everyday. This will be an intensive classroom and shooting workshop, combining portfolio review, lectures, technique, critic and editing tips. The shooting part of the programme will start in the West End on Saturday and finish in the East End on Sunday.
This workshop caters for beginners level 1 (for all disciplines), intermediate level 2 with more focus on street photography and level 3 for expert photographers who want to live with their Art. Students must bring their camera, laptop with a USB stick. Only digital work will be reviewed during the course.
About Souhayl A
Souhayl A is an influential Artist-Photographer living and working main part of the year in Paris France. His speciality is Storytelling, Art-documentary and Streetphotography. His work has been recognized internationally and has been exhibited in many countries around the world. He is the Art Director of Les Nuits Photo de Pierrevert, one of the most important Photo Festivals in France and the Founder of Street Photography Awards, a world-famous photo contest that promotes every year new emerging talents in the discipline of Street Photography. He also often collaborates with magazines dedicated to photography by publishing articles and regularly appears on prestigious jury lists for photographic events.
Location and duration of the workshop
The workshop will take place in Paris where Souhayl A resides and it will be held on two days Saturday and Sunday with a possibility to include also Friday (paying an addition). Particular cases :
- If you live in another European city and you manage to gather 3 more people at your initiative to register and take part of the workshop with you at the same time, Souhayl A can in this case travel to you and deliver the workshop at your city.
- If you live in the USA, Asia or Australia and you manage to gather 5 people at your initiative to register and take part of the workshop with you at the same time, Souhayl A can in this case travel to you and deliver the workshop at your city. You and your colleagues will have to pay 50% of Souhayl's airplane tickets and to find accommodation for him the 3 nights he will spend in your city.
Tuition for the workshop is €400 with an Early Bird discount (apply 1 month before) and €500 for later registrations. This fee does not include flights, accommodation or meals. All on the ground expenses are the responsibility of the student. Students will be emailed a full welcome package with suggestions for lodgings.
Other discounts are possible, please consult the table.
A €80 application fee is required for each application. If accepted, this balance will be applied to the final tuition. If the student is not accepted, a refund of the application fee will be operated. For any questions or for more information, please contact me
- If a participant decides to cancel for whatever reason, it must be confirmed in writing.
- Retention of €80 administrative fee will be operated, if the participant informs of cancellation at least 3 weeks before the first day of the workshop.
- All workshops that are commenced but not completed through the fault of either the contractor/or participant need to be paid in full.
- I am not responsible for reimbursement of travel expenses in case a workshop is cancelled. I recommend that you buy refundable air tickets and/or travel insurance.